Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm has all red LEDs on the servos and green LED on power supply flashing

1. Re: PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm has all red LEDs on the servos and green LED on power supply flashing

Its 12V 5A. I will try another power supply tomorrow too (stuff is being shipped). And thanks for the input.

I should note that after adjusting all the wires and related connections the flashing LED on the power supply no longer occurs, same for the LEDs on the arm. I am going to try a new controller tomorrow to see if that maybe got taken out some how, as you note if the power was flakey for some reason maybe something not so good occurred there.

I checked the voltage from the power supply and it seems ok, and this AM the arm worked great for a few minutes then is stopped again

These arms move around a lot and one bad wire, maybe not even visible could be a problem too I expect. Maybe I will need to replace all of them at some point too, I am going to chat with support soon, and change the card before I order a set of cables.

Thanks for the input

2. Re: PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm has all red LEDs on the servos and green LED on power supply flashing

After rechecking all the wires and connections the green flashing on the power supply stopped yesterday, same for the red LEDs on the arm. Maybe this initial problem damaged the controller, not sure. I do have more parts coming in tomorrow and I can try a different power supply and card. I am using the 12V 5A right now.

Re: PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm has all red LEDs on the servos and green LED on power supply flashing

Sometimes subtle in the wiring, like where a wire gets pinched and either cut (no connectivity) or insulation is removed and depending on bend or the like can cause intermittent short. If you have any extra cables, I would be tempted to hook it up with different wires and see if that works. Would also probably try running with just the first servo and see if that works, if so add 2nd...

4. Re: PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm has all red LEDs on the servos and green LED on power supply flashing

I going back to as basic of things as far I can. I am running the Dynamanager with server 1 and DM says "No ArbotX found" Then tried servo 8, same thing. Tried a new wire same thing. Did see an LED red flash at power on as expected. Double checked jumper on card and USB wires. I am hopeful the new card will fix this. It sure seems to be narrowed down to that, but will hopefully know more tomorrow. And thanks again.

5. Re: PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm has all red LEDs on the servos and green LED on power supply flashing

I installed a new board and I am able to talk to the servos again. Now resetting the IDs but and I am hopeful it will all come together once I reassemble. All I can assume right now is the card shorted out. Thanks for helping out and I know a lot more know about trouble shooting and that is great.

6. Re: PhantomX Reactor Robot Arm has all red LEDs on the servos and green LED on power supply flashing

reassembled and all works, good to have it back! and thanks for the pointers

Thread Information