Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autocannon

1. Re: Autocannon

I sincerely look forward to seeing this completed, it would be a great addition to the "cheap weapons" category. Would you mind posting the hardware list for this, I'd love to experiment with this myself.
    Last edited by Thalvus; 11-17-2016 at 10:53 AM.
    Thalvus the ???
    the JgPz 38(t) Hetzer, my baby, my love, and my weapon of mass destruction

2. Re: Autocannon

I imagine you've already thought of this, but mounting the unit in the vertical configuration as a pitching machine does and then driving the motors at slightly different speeds you can achieve the same golf ball/airsoft hop-up effect by imparting a spin on the BB. Of course at the ranges this will likely be operating it might not matter, but still.

Re: Autocannon

Quote Originally Posted by fractura_laniatus View Post
    ...then driving the motors at slightly different speeds you can achieve the same golf ball/airsoft hop-up effect by imparting a spin on the BB.
    We have had similar discussions. We thought keep it mounted horizontally but drive the motors at different speeds and maybe we could spray the BBs.

Haven't had any time to work on this further though since I posted the video. Way too much to do...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTeam Logo.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	6946
    http://rteamrobotics.weebly.com/

Took a break from working on my Mech this weekend and trying to help out one of our club members get a light class Mech ready to compete. Working on a potential melee weapon. It consists of a sector gear driven by a XL320. Not quite as fast as I would like, but seems to be working. May have to try a lighter spring and see if I can speed it up a bit. I'll probably end up putting one on my Mech '99 as a close combat weapon as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metabot.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	6947

Images

Agh! I should have realized that the new score panels would make the auto-lance much more practical

Gotta turn up the speed on my gait so I can run away and shoot from afar :-)

Images

Are we allowed to have a spatula to flip them onto their backs? Like a turtle?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Are we allowed to have a spatula to flip them onto their backs? Like a turtle?
    It is Mech Warfare, not plain robot combat. I could see a lance/sword being used to knock over and possibly invert an opponent, but not really a dedicated flipper/spatula mechanism.
    Please pardon the pedantry... and the profanity... and the convoluted speech pattern...
    "You have failed me, Brain!"
    bleh

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tician View Post
    I could see a lance/sword being used to knock over and possibly invert an opponent, but not really a dedicated flipper/spatula mechanism.
    Oh, crumbs! I had a mental picture of a mech with a kitchen spatula sticking out in front...

Thread Information