Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MX-Phoenix hexapod and some more

Re: MX-Phoenix hexapod and some more

Sounds like fun! If you come up with a design, I can also hopefully print them here as well

Images

Wooo! I saw these on instagram when I woke up. Very nice job

Afaik there isn't an available 3d printed foot switch for the PhantomX.. I'd love to try it out sometime
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100 10000001010010011011110110001001101111011101000111 0011

My Instagram
    My YouTube

Images

Thanks R3n33! Glad you liked them.
    I've been thinking about feet sensor for the PhantomX, since I only have the MKI legs I'm not so sure if they are the best leg design for the TA part. I think more like the MKII/MKIII are better since the foot point in a more direct (perpendicular) to the ground. Since I don't have the MKII I might try to design a new tibia or maybe a completely different hex using the AX-servos.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtEck
    Sounds like fun! If you come up with a design, I can also hopefully print them here as well
    Yeah sure! You have the MKII? Is the foot section the same as the MKI?
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    ---------------------------------
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Actually I have the MK3... I am pretty sure different than MK1

5. Re: MX-Phoenix hexapod and some more

Hey guys,

terrain adaption is honestly the only thing i am missing on my phantomx (MK2) for years now. Just happened to find the time today to get the dust off the robot and started searching around for some news on this project... and what must I find? This Thread!
    I actually have a good solution getting the body levelled with an IMU and my camera on top has its own gimbal, but yours looks so much smoother with the foot sensors! I need to get there as well .
    Great Job!!

Cheers,

Micha

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SunDog View Post
    ... yours looks so much smoother with the foot sensors! I need to get there as well .
    Great Job!!
    Thanks for your comment! It's also possible to use load reading only as a foot sensor to. But it isn't equally reliable as a physical switch/sensor. Here is a video testing proof of concept using load readings only.
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Images

Hi,

I'm looking for some larger rubber feet and found these on Amazon. I'm not sure if they are good enough, since I would like some that has good friction especially on wet surface and maybe some "knobbly" texture. They seem to be hard to find and I was just wondering if anyone had some good tip where to get them.
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

8. Re: MX-Phoenix hexapod and some more

Hi,

can't help you with the rubbers, but two thoughts on it:
    As you own a 3D Printer you might want to try out NinjaFlex, or Semiflex and make your own. I got awesome results with it. Semiflex has the haptic of a bike tyre. Ninjaflex is more silicone like.
    For my feet, I used some profiled RC tyres... (sorry for the mud )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1987.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	6881

Regarding switches... I am currently trying to find a design, that incorporates the stock feet and just replaces the foot tip.
    The only drawback I see in your solution is, that you must come from a straight angle to trigger the switch.
    To get a better attack surface I am thinking about a round lever, with a displaced axis...
    Printing that right now, sorry for the sketchy design... will make it prettier, if something works:

Name:	walkerfoot.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	6882

Cheers,

Micha

Images

I thought you might be interested in seeing this. It's to fit between the two side-plates of the Mk III foot.

Name:	20170223_101939.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	6883

I believe it's ideal for feet to be rotatable. The lower square (to the right) carries two oilite bushings, which lets the shaft (and the foot) rotate freely. I'll use a spring and a couple of collars to hold the foot extended. I want to be able to lift the leg to sense forward obstructions.

I'm working on placing the Pololu IR analog sensor inside the upper square. It will sense the upper collar's position, and it's output will be processed by a Amtel ATtiny102 microcontroller, also located within the upper square.

I plan to have the foot send just one or two bits of data to the hexapod's main processor. Since I can edge-trigger on the leading edge of the data, I expect to obtain sensor-to-processor latencies in the 10's of uSec. The low latency means I can integrate both touch-down and lift-off into the position calculations, and react to events that fall outside expectations.

Images

As you own a 3D Printer you might want to try out NinjaFlex, or Semiflex and make your own. I got awesome results with it. Semiflex has the haptic of a bike tyre. Ninjaflex is more silicone like.
    Sounds like a good idea. I do actually have a roll of white Semiflex that I've not tried yet. I'll sure try it out one day.

The only drawback I see in your solution is, that you must come from a straight angle to trigger the switch.
    Well, it does actually work from an angle of about 55 to 125 deg to ground. Later I might try to go for an even more reliable solution. But I prefer to have a foot that has a hemisphere shaped foot. Kevin gave me a good tip using a walking stick tip, they come in lots of different shapes.

Nice solution you got there. Let us know how it worked out.
    Kåre Halvorsen aka Zenta
    Zenta's YouTube channel
    Zenta's Blog
    Zenta's Instagram

Thread Information