Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Numa V2 - Quad Mech

Re: Numa V2 - Quad Mech

Well, that capacitor will work great as a pull-down for a short while :-)

I recommend the Saleae kit. Even their cheapest one is better than running blind. Rolling your own is fun and all, but the Saleae software is very nice. Not super feature-ful, but highly polished.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Connectors are how Murphy emerges from his evil lair. Consider cutting the connector off the servo wire and soldering all three wires to the board...
    The wires going to the board are all non-moving. The runtime of the robot is measured in tens of hours at most, and so I won't be worrying about these wires. The ones between the servos on the leg on the other hand will at least be fully replaced with new ones.

Images

Still working on this! Slowly. Satisfying things I've accomplished sporadically:

- Desoldered the ARM chip off my Hydrabus and procured replacement (from china, hopefully not fake); haven't soldered new on on yet.
    - Got fancy hot air reflow tip for hitting the pins of the chip exactly.
    - Generally finished porting all the logic... Now I need an actual robot.
    - Got plotting script working so I can plot the positions that my IK is generating for servos (a few things need fixing)
    - Used the mnfy python3 module to make a script to minify the modules that I upload to the HydraBus board. I think I was over the storage size available thanks in part to copious comments.

Celebrating progress is what it's all about -- nothing's ever "finished" anyway :-)

thanks in part to copious comments
    Can you upload compiled pyc/pyo files? If so, python -O will strip the comments.

Images

That is a good point, heh. Not 100% sure I'll use the minification always, either, as you can live-debug with the python interpreter running on the board. I may need that for debugging frequently :|

Images

Switched to a pyboard instead of the hydrabus. It's only disadvantage is fewer mounting holes. And maybe that I like blue more than green :P

Correspondingly made a perf-board shield for the pyboard with 5V regulator, pololu power switch, dynamixel connectors, and a few headers for laser and for camera power. Nothing too fancy.

In addition to a earlier plotting script that I got working, I got a test script to do a bunch of time-step calculations for the walking. It looks like the IK currently uses about 18% of CPU cycles running at 50 Hz. So I won't be doing any speed-based optimization...

Ironed out a few bugs along the way there, too. I think these mostly related to not realizing that array objects in micropython don't implement __mul__(), and then realizing I'm just doing 2D vector products and working with lists is good enough.

Next, up, get the full code running and making sure the shoulder servos move as expected!

Thread Information