Thread: software support

chocobot Guest

software support

i have my bioloid coming,but my computer is we2000....Will the software support the program>?

Images

Re: software support

Hi Chocobot

What operating system are you referring to? I've never heard of we2000...

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

chocobot Guest

sorry its WINDOWS ME2000

Images

Windows ME and 2000 are two different Operating Systems. What does your computer say when it loads up? Or if you have your computer running, what does it say under System when you right click on My Computer and go to "Properties -> General (tab)"?

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

Images

I just pulled this from the Bioloid User guide available from both the Comprehensive and Beginner product pages:

PC Requirements
    PC : IBM compatible (Required)
    CPU: Intel Pentium III 1GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1GHz or higher (Recommended)
    RAM: 256MB or higher (Recommended)
    Graphic Card : 3D acceleration function (Direct 3D supported) (Required)
    HDD free space : at least 300MBytes (Recommended)
    Direct X 8.0 or higher (Required)
    I hope that helps

- Charles Darwin

chocobot Guest

It Says Windows Me

chocobot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I just pulled this from the Bioloid User guide available from both the Comprehensive and Beginner product pages:

I hope that helps
    well i have ME version.....i will try it...it may not work....if not,what can i do?

Images

WOW! You have Me and it actually works? Congratulations! It doesn't crash on you all the time? Sorry, I'm just amazed to hear someone is using that OS and it actually works after all these years I reinstalled that OS 15 times in a single year before I decided it was time to use a more stable OS. I used Windows 2000 for years, which BTW, you can pick up for very cheap nowadays Since Vista is the "latest and greatest" thing right now, XP really shouldn't be that expensive either, and Windows is still supporting it.

All that aside, the thing to do at this point is to just try the Bioloid out on Me. If it doesn't work on Me, then we'll have to figure something out..

- Charles Darwin

chocobot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    WOW! You have Me and it actually works? Congratulations! It doesn't crash on you all the time? Sorry, I'm just amazed to hear someone is using that OS and it actually works after all these years I reinstalled that OS 15 times in a single year before I decided it was time to use a more stable OS. I used Windows 2000 for years, which BTW, you can pick up for very cheap nowadays Since Vista is the "latest and greatest" thing right now, XP really shouldn't be that expensive either, and Windows is still supporting it.

All that aside, the thing to do at this point is to just try the Bioloid out on Me. If it doesn't work on Me, then we'll have to figure something out..
    OK,THX...i will keep you updated on this....

Thread Information