Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robogames 2018 Ideas and Suggestions

Re: Robogames 2018 Ideas and Suggestions

The buildings for the 2018 arena are undergoing a renovation and will be much improved over 2017 buildings. There will also be other details in the arena to improve audience appeal such as larger screens, more cars and plastic people milling around. We are also installing half a dozen video cameras high and low in the arena to record the combats from different views. This will allow editing and posting nice compilations of each combat. For 2017 we did not do a very good job in this area so we are trying to correct this. The 2017 target scoring system worked so well that no one was in the arena during the matches. When people tried recording the match from outside the arena it was found that the cameras kept focusing in and out on the screen material.

If we have windows in the builings, will there be a standard bottom/top height of them?
    Kind of important to know when designing the gun mount (height above ground)

3. Re: Robogames 2018 Ideas and Suggestions

I am working on my light mech Daisy. GhengisDhon printed some better legs for me a while back and I need to replace the old cracked ones with the new ones. This time I will practice more with target plates on. Need a second battery and a better weapon. Not sure if Daisy will be faster or slower with these mods. I learned a lot last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    If we have windows in the builings, will there be a standard bottom/top height of them?
    Kind of important to know when designing the gun mount (height above ground)

Good point. In the final 2018 rule set we will put in the bottom/top heights. Obviously this is a constraint no robot was initially designed to be compatible with. Some will be able to use it while others not so much. Some of the new buildings are made but most still need to be made. There was some talk of having a few battle damaged buildings. Maybe instead of window openings there could be blown in brick wall sections. That would open up the usability for more existing robots.

Thread Information