Computer Programming
    Parts Required
    Phidget single servo controller
    Phidget 8/8/8
    Phidget Voltage Divider
    FSR
    Computer
    Robot Gripper
    Using a Phidget single servo controller to operate a gripper with an FSR we can create a system with force feedback.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtnNByljPq8"]YouTube - Force Sensing Resistor (FSR) & Robotic Gripper[/ame]

Replies to Tutorial: Build a robot gripper with force feedback
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Re: Build a robot gripper with force feedback

*bump*

Now Published

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

2. robot maker Guest

alex nice video,i getting ready to design a fsr gripper on 5 finger hand,would like to buy the phidgets boards and maybe the gripper you have or one of the 2 i have that not using for my hand to play with and learn how to code it,where can i get your demo code,i also think i only bought 10 fsr,s ,so might need to buy another one,since these are very good

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Thanks Alex for sharing this with us, interesting.
    People yearn after this robotic dream, but you can't strip your life of all meaning, emotion and feeling and expect to function.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Sorry for being such a flake guys. I've been busy as all hell lately and didn't want to just upload the sloppy code I had for this app, so I needed to clean it up a bit. Anyways, here ya go:

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/do...do=file&id=111

It's not the best code in the world, but it gives everyone a decent understanding on how I went about doing it.

NOTE: There are much better ways of solving this problem and I wrote this code well over a year ago, so please be gentle with your comments

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

5. Re: Build a robot gripper with force feedback

Nice video, that helped me out alot, that is a good idea for a variety of robot projects.
    Greatness is achieved through one vision.

6. robot maker Guest

thanks ALEX ,your design will be a big start for my project,i will be using a different controller and a-d converter,but something good to play with,since i have phidgets 4 servo controller and many fsr's only need to buy a phidgets 8/8/8 board

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Sorry for being such a flake guys. I've been busy as all hell lately and didn't want to just upload the sloppy code I had for this app, so I needed to clean it up a bit. Anyways, here ya go:

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/do...do=file&id=111

It's not the best code in the world, but it gives everyone a decent understanding on how I went about doing it.

NOTE: There are much better ways of solving this problem and I wrote this code well over a year ago, so please be gentle with your comments

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006

I know it isn't much, but I hope it'll help get you started at the very least

- Charles Darwin

Closed Tutorial