Estimated Time
    N/A - Overview Guide
    Skills Required
    N/A - Overview Guide
    Parts Required
    N/A - Overview Guide
    Tools Required
    N/A - Overview Guide
    Using a few widely available modular components, you can create a flexible system that can be used to control a DC motor. Start by selecting a DC motor that will meet the demands of your project, then a motor controller that can provide sufficient power to the motor. Add an appropriate servo controller to generate the R/C control signals, and software to issue commands to the servo controller, and you're ready to roll! If you need to monitor the motor speed, feedback is easily achieved by adding an optical encoder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4stWDy-bPA"]YouTube - Motor Controllers[/ame]

Replies to Tutorial: Control a DC motor from your computer
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Re: Control a DC motor from your computer

*bump*

Now Published

�In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed�
    - Charles Darwin

2. Re: Control a DC motor from your computer

Nice work! I particularly liked the white board diagram.
    We suspected that an agreement with humans would prove impossible to maintain. You are erratic, conflicted, disorganised. Every decision is debated, every action questioned. Every individual entitled to their own small opinion. You lack harmony, cohesion, greatness. It will be your undoing.

3. AerospaceElectronics Guest

Smile Re: Control a DC motor from your computer

I agree you did an excellent job. I am looking into motor controllers to try something similar to this!

4. simonwood Guest

Acai Berry
    is good

5. alee_87 Guest

great tutorial...i am working on a similar project but i am using an iphone, connecting the iphone device using the remote server software...any suggestions or advice will be appreciated. thanks

Closed Tutorial